Back by popular demand! Senior Services for South Sound will be returning to OysterFest this fall with our succulent crispy coconut shrimp on a bed of shredded cabbage and a homemade Asian sweet and sour sauce. People keep coming back to indulge in this delicious dish. It’s also cooking for a cause with proceeds supporting our Senior Nutrition Program to serve hot, nutritional meals at seven dining sites, offer Meals on Wheels to homebound seniors and provide nutritional counseling. Volunteers are needed to help us prepare the shrimp, cook and serve for both days – October 5th and 6th. Volunteers receive free entrance and a shrimp basket! Join the excitement and check out the volunteer positions at www.SouthSoundSeniors.org (under Special Events). This is a fun event to attend with lots of music, tastings, vendors, competitions and more. For more information about OysterFest, visit www.oysterfest.org.
Around the Web
- China bans trade, consumption of wild animals due to coronavirus
- Fourth passenger from cruise ship dies in Japan - NHK
- Trump administration seeks $2.5 billion in funds to fight coronavirus
- U.S. CDC says Americans should avoid travel to South Korea over coronavirus
- Trump asking Congress for $2.5 billion to fight coronavirus: White House