LGBTQ+ youth in foster care need and deserve safe and affirming foster homes, with adults who can help them realize their full potential in a supportive and caring environment.
This course will focus on learning and creating an understanding of SOGIE (Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity & Expression), how to create accepting and affirming spaces for LGBTQ+ youth, and work on increasing cultural awareness of issues specifically facing LGBTQ+ youth in care.
To register for this training please contact
nlachine@CommunityYouthServices.org or (360) 701-7050
Around the Web
- Factbox: Where are people around the world protesting over George Floyd?
- Bargain-conscious Americans lift used-car sales in the coronavirus economy
- 'Truly sorry': Scientists pull panned Lancet study of Trump-touted drug
- Fear stops Rohingya getting tested as virus hits refugee camps
- COVID-19 crisis shakes Brazil, but Bolsonaro keeps impeachment at bay