“The Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction, in partnership with BASE Education and the National Center for School Engagement, has developed a training module to help educators recognize when a student is in emotional or behavioral distress including risk for suicide. The Confident Action and Referral by Educators (CARE) module is a free, one-hour resource that is available to anyone who works with students in Washington State. The module will help school staff to identify students who may be at risk and provides strategies on how to safely and effectively refer a student for help. CARE may be taken individually or in a group, and a Facilitator Guide is provided to guide staff through the specific examples, discussion questions, additional resources, and role play exercises.
Sept. 14-15: Free Online Suicide Prevention Conference
“Mental Health Academy has partnered with leading experts and industry organizations to bring you the largest Suicide Prevention online conference ever held - the 2019 Suicide Prevention Summit. The purpose of the Summit is to equip practicing mental health professionals with the most up-to-date knowledge and treatment options for suicide prevention.” “ The Summit will cover a range of suicide prevention topics, including zero suicide, lived experience, children/youth, counseling skills, technology, evidence-based approaches, and more.”
“Here’s a snapshot of the event:
- Learn global best-practice knowledge and skills on suicide prevention
- 10 real-time webinar sessions (available to watch on-demand after)
- Presenters from Zero Suicide Int., Catholic University of America, University of Denver, Xavier University of Louisiana, University of Cork, Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, and more
- Interact with speakers through live Q&A sessions
- Access presentation slides and other learning resources
- Earn CE Credits when you attend live and/or watch on-demand
There are limited seats available. Please register now to secure your place."
Learn more here: www.mentalhealthacademy.net/suicideprevention”
The conference will be live on Sept. 14-15 and then available on-demand Sept. 16-29.