LACEY – Late night and early morning travelers using Interstate 5 in Hawks Prairie may encounter added construction activity as crews prepare to enter a new phase of construction at the Marvin Road (State Route 510) overpass. Drivers are encouraged to plan ahead to help prevent delays.
9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, Aug. 12-15 to 5 a.m. each following day
- Northbound I-5 right lane closure for bridge work.
10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 16 to 6 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 17
- Marvin Road on-ramp to northbound I-5 will close. A signed detour will be provided.
As soon as the morning of Tuesday, Aug. 20
- Both directions of Marvin Road will be reduced to one through lane in each direction near I-5. This includes northbound Marvin Road before Quinault Drive. The reduced lanes will be in place through mid-November. Lane reductions will return after the holiday season.
The temporary changes allow crews to continue construction work that will turn the existing overpass into a diverging diamond interchange.
WSDOT needs help from drivers to keep traffic moving
- Allow extra time to travel through the work zone.
- Travel early in the morning or later in the evening.
- Consider rescheduling discretionary trips.
While driving through a work zone, drivers are encouraged to pay attention. Driver inattention is the number one cause of work zone accidents.
Additional information about this project is available at I5exit111.com.